[CP2K-user] Constrained DFT (CDFT) Errors

Brian Day 22b... at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 22:03:57 UTC 2018

Hi Nico,

I'm pleased to report that after switching to OT, the only warning that
remains is  *** WARNING in pw/pw_pool_types.F:470 :: hit max_cache ***.

If you wouldn't mind answering one last question regarding the output, that
would be appreciated. Specifically, what are the differences between
"Overlap between states I and J", "Charge transfer energy (J-I)", and
"Diabatic electronic coupling" as listed below. I'm am running these
calculations to calculate electron transfer rates using Marcus Theory, so
presumably I should use the electronic coupling value, but wanted to check.

  ------------------------- CDFT coupling information
--------------------------

  Information at step (fs):
0.00

  ###### CDFT states I =  1 and J =   2 ######

  Atomic group:
    1

  Strength of constraint I:
-0.254713549611

  Strength of constraint J:
-0.256763104414

  Final value of constraint I:
119.000059959930

  Final value of constraint J:
119.000008498861

  Overlap between states I and J:
0.069002784505

  Charge transfer energy (J-I) (Hartree):
0.001330331665

  Diabatic electronic coupling (Lowdin, mHartree):
19.740562532228

 NO FORCE_EVAL section calculated the dipole

 ENERGY| Total FORCE_EVAL ( MIXED ) energy (a.u.):
-512.280992021731890

Thanks!

-Brian