[CP2K-user] cutoff convergence problems

hanno.... at kit.edu hanno.... at kit.edu
Wed Nov 7 13:06:31 UTC 2018

Hi Juerg,

thanks for your answer. The reason why the number of SCF iterations was set
to 1 is, that I generated this input to converge the cutoff and rel_cutoff
of large systems (several hundrets of atoms, H2O is just a test system).
This approach was described in the HOWTO on cp2k homepage
https://www.cp2k.org/howto:converging_cutoff . The probleme with my input
is the large energy jump when increasing the cutoff from 249 to 250 that
appears with all systems I tested so far. To your energy value: did you
increase the number of SCF cycles or change anything else?

Again thank you for your help.

Best,

Hanno Schütz

PhD student