Energy jumps in initial phase of BFGS convergence

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:01:18 UTC 2018

Try altering the model hessian
<https://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/GEO_OPT/BFGS.html#list_USE_MODEL_HESSIAN> value
to false. You could also try setting USE_RAT_FUN_OPT  in the same section
to .TRUE.

These values have altered between different versions of the code.

It could also be that your forces are not accurate enough (I've not looked
at your input, cutoff is the likely candidate) which messes up the
approximate hessian construction.

Matt