[CP2K-user] PERIODIC_EFIELD does not work with Mixing

Anton Kudelin archm... at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 23:17:54 UTC 2018

Dear Martin,

The behavior you observe is reproducible, and if you check the page
<https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-6_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/FORCE_EVAL/DFT/PERIODIC_EFIELD.html>
of the user manual you find the answer: "*IMPORTANT: Can only be used in
combination with OT. Can not be used in combination with RTP or EMD.*" A
metallic system can be treat with OT if preconditioned correctly.

Bests,
Anton K.