How to cite CP2K in a paper

Leopold Talirz leopold... at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:26:59 UTC 2017

The list that Samuel mentions can get very long indeed and I couldn't help
but notice that even the CP2K developers themselves don't always seem to
use it.

For example, in http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct4002202 they use

(78) The CP2K developers group, 2013. CP2K is freely available from
http://www.cp2k.org/ (accessed May 15, 2013).

which, if I remember correctly, used to be the format advocated on the cp2k
website at some point (I am, however, not able to find this information
anymore).

In a more recent example
http://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlepdf/2016/nr/c5nr08953k, they cite a
review paper

(26) J. Hutter, M. Iannuzzi, F. Schiffmann and J. VandeVondele, Wiley
Interdiscip. Rev.: Comput. Mol. Sci., 2014, 4, 15–25.

Whatever the currently desired format is, I would strongly suggest to spend
a few words on this in an FAQ item "How to cite CP2K" at
https://www.cp2k.org/faq
After all, this is one of the most important ways of acknowledging the hard
work of the developers we all rely on.

Best wishes,
Leopold