[CP2K:8947] dielectric function calculation

Matt W mattwa... at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 14:41:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

there are going to be several competing / contradictory ways of doing these
calcs.

I have only done them for a non-periodic system (slab), then you can apply
the external field, as you are doing, and print of the density as a cube
file. You can relate the change of density with applied field to get the
dielectric 'constant'.

For a periodic system, you would need to use a periodic electric field and
presumably also look at the density response and use electrostatics.

I haven't used the new implicit psolver method, my feeling is that the
dielectric there is more likely to be an applied boundary condition, rather
than an output, but it is very flexible, so maybe it can be made to do what
you want. It will only be activated if you use the implicit solver, which
is probably why you see no output.

Matt