[CP2K:8947] dielectric function calculation

Fernan Saiz fsai... at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 13:35:14 UTC 2017

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. In this case, I guess CP2k should be able to write a
CUBE output file with epsilon(x,y,z) once a external potential is applied,
shouldn't it?

I can implement an external potential by writing in the input file:

&FORCE_EVAL
  &DFT
    &EXTERNAL_POTENTIAL
      FUNCTION (A/B)*X
      PARAMETERS A B
      VALUES [eV] 5.0 [angstrom] 1000.0
    &END
  &END
&END

But to print the dielectric constant epsilon(x,y,z) in CUBE files, I am
writing the following commands:

&FORCE_EVAL
  &DFT
    &PRINT

      &IMPLICIT_PSOLVER
        &DIELECTRIC_CUBE
          &EACH
            JUST_ENERGY 1
          &END EACH
          FILENAME diel/data_diel
        &END DIELECTRIC_CUBE
      &END IMPLICIT_PSOLVER

    &END
  &END
&END

Unfortunately, this second paragraph of commands does not write anything in
my working directory. Am I using the wrong commands?

Regards,
 - Fernan