Mismatching between CP2K and VASP results - Adsorption Energy

Amin amin.jaf... at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 17:26:27 UTC 2017

Dear CP2K experts/users,
I'm working on catalysts and have recently started to work with CP2K. For
the first step of my journey through CP2K I'm trying to replicate the
results for CO2 adsorption on Anatase (001) surface that's been done
previously by using VASP in our group.
Unfortunately, the results that I get for adsorption energy from CP2K are
far from the results published in literature (done by other packages such
as VASP).
I'm struggling with finding the source of problem but after trying
different modifications (Slab size, Cutoff, Basis sets, Dispersion
corrections, etc) still couldn't achieve the correct amount of adsorption
energy.
- The best result that I've achieved is about -38.08 kcal/mol (with DZVP
basis sets for C & O) (I tested DZVP, DZVP-SR, TZVP, TZV2P basis sets, but
the least variation from the results of literature was for DZVP)
- The result for adsorption energy achieved by VASP for the same structure
is -34.41 kcal/mol (without zero point energy correction)
- I'm using CP2K version 2.6. the newer versions are not available for me
at the moment.
I would really appreciate if someone could take a look to my input, xyz and
output (excel table) files and let me know about any possible problem with
them..

&GLOBAL
  PROJECT c-dzvp
  RUN_TYPE GEO_OPT