Can CP2K fixed part of atoms when perform CI-NEB?

J. Ye jingyu... at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 18:29:05 UTC 2016

Hi Fabio,

First, I would like to thank you for the response.

I don't know whether you check the coordinates for each ionic steps for one
image. Based on my colleagues and my self experience, The cartesian
coordinates for those fixed atoms (you specified in input) are varies for
each ionic step of each image. This means  you think you fixed atoms in the
input, however the program performs CI-NEB without fixing those atoms.

These keyword indeed works for geometry optimization. But I believe they do
not work for CI-NEB (at least the version I have tested 2.6.1. I can also
check the CPU time. The performance are the same between fixed and
non-fixed input.

You could take a look at your pos-Replica_nr_1-1.xyz file to check the
coordinates for the fixed atoms.

Best,
J. Ye