Can CP2K fixed part of atoms when perform CI-NEB?

elbu... at gmail.com elbu... at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:31:00 UTC 2016

Good morning J. Ye,

I've done a few NEB calculations with CP2K in my life and I've always fixed
the atoms with the following options:

**********
  &CONSTRAINT
    &FIXED_ATOMS
      LIST=1...45
    &END FIXED_ATOMS
  &END CONSTRAINT
  &BAND
    ALIGN_FRAMES FALSE
    ROTATE_FRAMES FALSE

For the systems I was interested, at least, this worked fine, I always like
to do the aligning and build the intermediate images on my own. I've used
the CP2K versions 2.6 up to 4.1, and I've never had any problems. I would
guess this has always worked, but I am not sure. I hope it helps.

All the best
Fabio Negreiros R.