Toolchain build for cp2k 3.0: elpa-2015.11.001_mt compilation fails

Matthias May matthi... at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 15:24:05 UTC 2016

Hello Alfio,

compiling the toolchain failed for ELPA on two different machines: one
running openSUSE 13.1on an AMD Opteron 6376 ("Piledriver"), another with
openSUSE 12.2 on an Opteron 6276 ("Bulldozer"). According to Wikipedia,
they should support AVX. I did, however, just succeed compiling the
toolchain on an older machine with openSUSE 11.3 with an Opteron 865.
Strangely enough, the latter CPU does not have AVX support.

Well, it seems like things work for me now on this older machine. Maybe the
other systems are just configured in an incompatible way?

Best,

Matthias