Bug? The conserved quantity is NOT conserved after flexible cell MD is restarted

Matthias Krack matthia... at psi.ch
Sat Aug 13 06:49:36 UTC 2016

Hi Rustam

in the first place I would suggest to use a compatible pair of basis set
and potential for Mg. The Mg TZV2P-GTH basis set was generated for a Mg
GTH-*-q10, but a GTH-BLYP-q2 is employed. Unfortunately, the GTH_BASIS_SET
file provides only generic labels. I will fix that. Please, run the case
with a valid combinations of potential and basis set and report if the
error persists. Note, that the Mg q10 potential requires a very large
cutoff and for the Mg q2 potential there is only a DZVP basis set available
in the file BASIS_SET.

Best regards

Matthias

PS: The basis sets in GTH_BASIS_SETS are usually not well suited for
(dense) solid state systems as they have been generated mainly for
molecular systems.