How to fix the dihedral angle during the AIMD simulation with CP2K/Quickstep?

huan... at mail.huji.ac.il huan... at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Apr 5 10:17:36 UTC 2016

Dear CP2K users,

I want to fix the dihedral angle of the molecular cluster. The indices of
the 4 atoms in the cluster are 8, 2, 5, 11, and the corresponding dihedral
angle is about 26.92 degree.

According to the CP2K manual, I found that the &CONSTRAINT subsection in
the &MOTION section might be able to deal with it.

Here is my code:

&MOTION
    &CONSTRAINT
        &COLLECTIVE
             COLVAR 8 2 5 11
             TARGET 26.92      # [degree]
        &END COLLECTIVE
    &END CONSTRAINT

However, CP2K reported an error,
 *** 12:30:45 ERRORL2 in input_parsing:val_create_parsing :: found    ***
 *** unexpected extra argument 2 at , File: 'fix_dihedral_test1.inp',
  ***
 *** Line: 113, Column: 1, Chunk: <8>
              ***

 Looking for words in the input similar to the unknown:
   '2'

Please see my input file in the attachment.

This error might result from the setting COLVAR 8 2 5 11 (but this keyword
does not at Line 113 of the input file... )

I noticed that the keyword COLVAR should specify one index of an atom in
the molecule, and the subsection of &COLLECTIVE can be repeated.

Does it correct to write like following?

&MOTION
    &CONSTRAINT
        &COLLECTIVE
             COLVAR 8
        &END COLLECTIVE
        &COLLECTIVE
             COLVAR 2
        &END COLLECTIVE
        &COLLECTIVE
             COLVAR 5
        &END COLLECTIVE
        &COLLECTIVE
             COLVAR 11
        &END COLLECTIVE

But the TARGET keyword  (value for fixing the dihedral angle to 26.92
degree) is in the subsection of &COLLECTIVE, NOT in the section of
&CONSTRAINT.
How can I set the dihedral angle and fix it to 26.92 degree?

I appreciated it if anyone could help me.

Thanks so much.

Huan
.