Re-optimising transition state using dimer method

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 10:47:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

try specifying the CP2K_INPUT <http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT.html>
 / MOTION <http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION.html> / GEO_OPT
<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/GEO_OPT.html> /
TRANSITION_STATE
<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/GEO_OPT/TRANSITION_STATE.html>
 / DIMER
<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/GEO_OPT/TRANSITION_STATE/DIMER.html>
 / DIMER_VECTOR
<http://manual.cp2k.org/trunk/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/GEO_OPT/TRANSITION_STATE/DIMER/DIMER_VECTOR.html> section.
You can take a vector from one of the minima to your TS guess,  (i.e. it
will be a 3N vector) or from one of the NEB images to the TS. Maybe the
imaginary frequency eigenvector would be best if you have it. That should
make it much more likely the dimer goes uphill to the TS.

It is probably a good idea to experiment with a small system / cheaper
Hamiltonian too.

Matt