Re-optimising transition state using dimer method

Tobias Kraemer 161brun... at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 11:59:33 UTC 2015

Dear Matt,

thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking along similar lines, since I was
wondering how the optimiser would know which direction to follow (for other
quantum chemical codes you would have to provide force constants in one way
or other). Now, having not used this keyword in CP2K before, could you be a
bit more specific about the format? According to the manual, one would
explicitly specify the dimer vector in this input section, i.e. ideally I
would use the imaginary mode for this.I simply copy this from the
_frequenxies.mol output file (the one I have specified to read with
molden). Hence the section would look like this:

&MOTION
  &GEO_OPT
    TYPE TRANSITION_STATE
     &TRANSITION_STATE