ADMM with Mixing

Matt W MattWa... at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:14:54 UTC 2015

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately, you have to use purification_method none at the moment with
non OT methods. Forces/stress should then be available. Forces with
purification and variable occupation number need a number of extra terms
that haven't been implemented (to my knowledge).

Potentially (probably, conceptually certainly) this ADMM method is less
accurate than when the auxiliary density matrix is forced to be well
behaved using MO-DIAG or other purification. All I can offer is anecdotal
evidence that it is reasonable. You may need better quality auxiliary basis
sets to get as good an approximation to the full hybrid calc.

Please do not compare energies between different ADMM approximations - they
are effectively running different density functionals.

HTH,

Matt

p.s I'm in A22 three doors down from Jochen's office if you want to
discuss...