How to make AIMD simulation for proton transition (NVT)

Rolf David rolf.d... at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 10:02:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

Just some random thoughts about the temperature,

Regarding your input geometry you have,
One proton alone (!)
One water molecule
two molecules which I'm guessing is your "membrane"

You should transform your proton as hydronium or zungel cation especially
if your membrane is hydrated.
Also you should solvate your membrane along the axis you want:

Along X/Y : membrane only (like it's now, but maybe add some water)
Along Z: water-membrane-water-proton-water

Maybe this will work better (solvated condition and not void) or not but
that is what I would try next

Also MD can't overcome more than KbT barrier (over short time) so if your
proton doesn't move a lot (just vibration motion) or not in the "path you
want", try to lean towards biased MD.

Kind regards,
Rolf