How cp2k control the output

huan... at mail.huji.ac.il huan... at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Jan 27 13:30:59 UTC 2015

Hi Sungen (If I typed your name correct... ),

The position file from CP2K geometry optimization calculation is
automatically printed step by step. I copied and run your code just now.
The result file is attached.
As you can see in the result position file, this calculation performed 12
steps geometry optimization. For each step, the program printed the
Cartesian coordinates with the letter "i" as the step number sign (i = 1 to
12 ).

Unfortunately, almost every beginner of CP2K, including me, complained that
the poor manual. I suggest that you first read some basic tutorials written
by other CP2K users. One of the basic tutorials I recommend is from Dr.
Sébastien LE ROUX.  http://www.ipcms.unistra.fr/?page_id=14965&lang=en .

And then try the test files in the cp2k/tests/QS/ directory. The most
important things is to digest the listed literature in CP2K manual website.
http://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-2_6-branch/references.html

Good luck,
Huan Wang