How cp2k control the output

sungen... at gmail.com sungen... at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 03:04:00 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

        I am a newbie about CP2K, and I have a stupid question ...  .
        I am confused about how CP2K controls the output during the
calculations. There are many print sections, and they are in different
levels. I'm quite
        confused by the philosophy behind this.  Is there any instruction
or tutorials on this?

        Specifically, I have two questions ,
         Firstly  I don't understand the meaning of the iteration levels,
and the print_key in the documents.
         Secondly, I ran into problems when I am trying the example of
structure optimization of water in tutorials:  The output of positions in
the file  H2O-pos-1.xyz seems not at every time the force was calculated. I
want to output the positions of atoms every time the positions are changed,
how should I modifiy the input.  There are many files  localLog_p(#precess
number),  which are created  but none is there.  I find a similar question
in this mailist long   ago. And this is likely a bug then, but my cp2k is
the newest version (2.6). So is this right ?

         Thank you for any suggestions !

The input for water optimization, exactly same as in the tutorials:

&GLOBAL
  PROJECT H2O
  RUN_TYPE GEO_OPT
  PRINT_LEVEL LOW
&END GLOBAL
&FORCE_EVAL
  METHOD QS
  &SUBSYS
    &CELL
      ABC 12.4138 12.4138 12.4138
    &END CELL
    &COORD
      O      12.235322       1.376642      10.869880
      H      12.415139       2.233125      11.257611
      H      11.922476       1.573799       9.986994
    &END COORD
    &KIND H
      BASIS_SET DZVP-GTH-PADE
      POTENTIAL GTH-PADE-q1