[CP2K:6843] Non-integer charge in the classical part of QM/MM system

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 07:05:52 UTC 2015

Be careful at the region where you are cutting the aminoacid. Cutting at the amide bond can be tricky because of the highly polarised bond.
Better to cut between CA and CB, i.e. cut a bond that is not highly polarised.

Regarding the charge, you’ll get an excess charge that correspond to the opposite of the sum of the classical charges of your QM atoms.
You can just modify your FF file to distribute the corresponding excess charge to the whole MM system.