Non-integer charge in the classical part of QM/MM system

tarak karmakar tarak... at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 06:16:23 UTC 2015

I think I have got the clue to the charge related issue.
First thing I missed is one oxygen with a charge of -0.51.
Now, the total charge in my classical system is +1.68.
I checked in literature and found out that Gly, Ala, and Pro residues can
not be cut up to CA, rather one should select the entire residue by using a
backbone cut. In my system, there are two Gly residues that I selected up
to the CA atom. If I add the N and HN of these residues the total classical
charge is coming out to be +2.00.

Regards,
Tarak