[CP2K:5002] libsmm rebuild after upgrade

Jörg Saßmannshausen j.sassma... at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Feb 28 12:26:08 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

thanks! That saves me quite a bit of time here.

I was wondering, would it make sense to separate the libsmm from the cp2k tree
as a sub-project? That way if there are changes we know that quicker? Just an
idea.

All the best from a still grey London!

Jörg

On Friday 28 Feb 2014 10:59:43 Iain Bethune wrote:
> Hi Jorg,
>
> There is no need to rebuild libsmm - your existing one will work fine with
> CP2K 2.5.0.  There have been some changes in libsmm, but mostly relating
> to vectorisation for Intel Xeon Phi.  Assuming you are still on the same
> architecture, you can keep using the same libsmm.
>
> Cheers
>
> - Iain
>
> --
>
> Iain Bethune
> Project Manager, EPCC
>
> Email: ibet... at epcc.ed.ac.uk
> Twitter: @IainBethune
> Web: http://www2.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~ibethune
> Tel/Fax: +44 (0)131 650 5201/6555
> Mob: +44 (0)7598317015
> Addr: 2404 JCMB, The King's Buildings, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ
>
> On 28 Feb 2014, at 10:53, Jörg Saßmannshausen <j.sassma... at ucl.ac.uk>
wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > just a quick question regarding libsmm as I am upgrading from version
> > 2.4.0 to 2.5.0. Do I need to rebuild the libsmm every time there is a
> > new version of cp2k out or is this part 'stable', i.e. there are no
> > changes any more? I am asking as the build takes some time and I would
> > like to avoid doing that on our cluster here.
> >
> > All the best from a grey London!
> >
> > Jörg

Jörg Saßmannshausen
University College London