NVE Calculation after NVT equilibration

huan... at mail.huji.ac.il huan... at mail.huji.ac.il
Tue Feb 11 22:51:53 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I have a question on NVE Calculation after NVT equilibration. In the
literature, I always read the description like "after
x picoseconds equilibration in the NVT ensemble with a target temperature
of 300K, a production run of y picoseconds was performed in the NVE
emsemble."  I was wondering what is "porduction run"?

Is that correct to run NVE calculation by using RESTART keywords to call
the position and velocity files from previous NVT results?

&EXT_RESTART
 RESTART_DEFAULT  *TRUE*
 RESTART_FILE_NAME  *NVT_STEP_NUMBER.restart*
 RESTART_COUNTERS  *TRUE*
 RESTART_POS  *TRUE*
 RESTART_VEL  *TRUE*
 RESTART_RANDOMG  *TRUE*