[CP2K:4943] NVE Calculation after NVT equilibration

Mathieu Salanne mathieu... at upmc.fr
Tue Feb 11 23:09:51 UTC 2014

Dear Huan,

The objective of an "equilibration" run is to generate a starting point (i.e. a set of coordinates and velocities) at equilibrium. Then you can perform a production run from which you will extract the data you need. Equilibration is often performed in the NVT ensemble in order to reach the correct target temperature, but you can also use the NPT ensemble if the density of your initial system is not correct (or if you don't know the correct one!). Production can be done in any ensemble -- it depends on what you want to study.

Best regards,
Mathieu