[CP2K:2361] Re: neither PGI nor Intel compiler working?

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:33:45 UTC 2009

> It is true that it does not matter for the compilation of libint itself.
> However, you need to link this code to Fortran code and then the Fortran
> compiler does matter. You either need full ISO_C_BINDING support, or an
> additional wrapper. For details see the file
>
> cp2k/tools/hfx_tools/libint_tools/README_LIBINT
>

>> Besides, I have build (albeit an older version) of cp2k with gfortran
>> 4.3.2.
>>

> Was that with libint? I certainly got complaints about support for
> function pointers with gfortran 4.3.2.

that's because you tried the ISO_C_BINDING with gfortran (which was
probably broken or not fully working with that version). Nonetheless, if
the rest of cp2k was properly compiled, there is no reason why with
gfortran you had to be stuck with ISO_C_BINDING. You may have as well
tried the additional cpp wrapper, which does not need any ISO_C_BINDING
capability of the fortran compiler. See:

cp2k/tools/hfx_tools/libint_tools/README_LIBINT

so quite probably you may have been able as well to compile cp2k with
4.3.2, even with libint (of course relying on the absence of  other
compiler bugs, which may have potentially misinterpreted other parts of
cp2k: the  function pointer is only required in the ISO_C_BINDING
instructions)

Teo