g95 errors

radsci2008 9srh8rw... at jetable.org
Thu Mar 20 10:18:59 UTC 2008

Concerning precision, at least GAMESS-US is all 64-bit, and must be
modified to run on 32-bit machines, a decision made long before
microprocessors were available at that width.  I've run across other
codes for which this is also true, so I'm a little bit surprised that
32-bit precision is preferred in cp2k, but I'll take the statement at
face value.

Concerning g95, on i686 (default integer obligatorily 32-bit) it
compiles (20080122 sources), implying -d4 should work on x86_64.  I
need to go back and check whether libint will link; there may have
been a problem but I don't have a specific recollection....

It is, however, a good thing that libint being 32-bit was mentioned;
this saves me barking up a wrong tree. :/  (I find little either way
about 32 v 64 bits in the information surrounding libint....)

Thanks again.