g95 errors

Axel akoh... at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 14:36:41 UTC 2008

manuel,

based on previous experience, i would be surprised if
you can make this work without adding a pre-processor
option and optional or excluded code.

for the time being it is probably best to add a piece of
code somewhere that checks the size of a regular integer
and then bails out, if that does not match to the assumed
integer size. that way you can also combine this with a
test for libint, if it only works with interger*4...

in a more general note, i have yet to see an application
- apart from large scale climate modeling and extreme accuracy
quantum chemistry - where 64-bit integers were required.
it usually only wastes memory and costs performance.
(bigger is not always better...)

cheers,
    axel.