hybrid DFT for bulk

molecule san... at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 19:38:19 UTC 2008

Hi Juerg,

Your are absolutely right. The correct result should be something
slightly below -4 a.u. because the binding energy is small.
Actually, I just did a g03 calculation using
2916 k points, and the result becomes -4.564a.u. which is very
close to the cp2k result, -4.426a.u., with \Gamma only! Is this
surprising?
Is the more reasonable cp2k result due to the error cancellation
between the lack of long-range exact exchange and the \Gamma-only
k-sampling? or some special techniques are applied in cp2k?

regards,
molecule