[CP2K:1238] Re: hybrid DFT for bulk

Juerg Hutter hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Thu Jul 24 22:08:19 UTC 2008

Hi

just a few additional remarks.
You are aware that your system is pathological? It most likely
has a degenerate ground state (for non spin polarized) or
no gap for spin polarized calculations.
A quick sanity check for the total energy gives
8 * -0.5 = -4 a.u.
Looks like cp2k is less wrong than G03, if something like that
exists.

Try an infinite chain of He atoms or H2 molecules. There is a
small chance that you will get reasonable numbers.

regards

Juerg

Juerg Hutter                   Phone : ++41 44 635 4491
Physical Chemistry Institute   FAX   : ++41 44 635 6838
University of Zurich           E-mail: hut... at pci.uzh.ch
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland