[CP2K:1238] Re: hybrid DFT for bulk

Teodoro Laino teodor... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 20:52:29 UTC 2008

Molecule,
do you mean you are using GAPW? I'm impressed.
Anyway.. even before trusting your GAPW results (and there are few
people here that
can witness how NON TRIVIAL is to do a GAPW calculation) you remember
what Juerg
told you?
We do NOT have the long range for the exact exchange (yet) !!

Have no idea what Gaussian has implemented.. but comparing numbers in
this way (i.e. without
having an idea of what you are comparing!!) is not a good attitude.

We may discuss about the correctness of periodic B3LYP calculations
with GAUSSIAN (I guess
there are plenty of nice *features* you would discover)..
but if you trust them.. please use Gaussian.. since with CP2K at the
moment you don't
have the long-range part of the exact exchange (hopefully should be
clear now).

Teo