hybrid DFT for bulk

molecule san... at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 20:41:34 UTC 2008

Hi, Teodoro

I don't want to argue about the wording.
I just did comparative calculations
using cp2k and g03 for an infinite H chain (1A of separation).
The settings are the same for both calculations:
The unit cell contains 8 H atoms
and its dimension is 8A x 8A x 8A.
The basis set is 6-31G* and 4 shells are used for the periodicity.
xc=b3lyp, k-sampling=\Gamma

E(g03_PBC)= -27.6442625829 A.U.
E(cp2k_PBC)= -4.426086805926252 A.U.

Any comment on this?