[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20744] Re: Gallium + CO2 lack of convergence

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 17:22:47 UTC 2024

Hi
If you have a good equilibrated Ga liquid box (right density and low stress
tensor) I wouldn't run GEO_OPT
Obviously introducing CO2 is going to change the conditions, but I would
anyway start with a NVT run for a first equilibration and then run NPT to
re-equilibrate the volume. I would add the CO2 molecule and remove all the
Ga atoms within a certain radius from the center of mass of the molecule,
and then run the equilibrations as described above.
The only way to lower the concentration is to increase the amount of Ga,
i.e., increase the box.
Regards
Marcella