[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20223] Hint about the compilation, prompted by "environment.F:920"

Tau Chan tim.chan.tau at gmail.com
Wed May 22 05:53:07 UTC 2024

Hi, everyone !

I have successfully compiled CP2K through toolchian in the installation
package on my computer, but I encountered this hint in the out file after
running a test:

 *** HINT in environment.F:920 :: The compiler target flags (generic) used
***
 *** to build this binary cannot exploit all extensions of this CPU model
    ***
 *** (x86_avx2). Consider compiler target flags as part of FCFLAGS and
 ***
 *** CFLAGS (ARCH file).
                                    ***

Is this hint telling me I would improve the performance via any change in
the compilation files? For example, may I aasign the variable "TARGET_CPU"
to "x86_avx2" in the "install_cp2k_toolchain.sh" ? Thanks for any advice.

Best regards,
Tau Chan.