[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20164] Re: Hybrid functional issues

xuan wang xwgarrett at gmail.com
Fri May 3 12:32:33 UTC 2024

Thank you, Frederick,
In detail, for range-separated functional, I am allowed to use
POTENTIAL_TYPE MIX_CL_TRUNC for wB7XD, CAM-B3LYP. The _TRUNC is truncated
for HF exchange, and can be truncated by CUTOFF_RADIUS from our
self-definition. But for HSE06, I can only use  POTENTIAL_TYPE SHORTRANGE
rather than type with truncated condition, because I am acquired that the
CUTOFF_RADIUS is defined by CP2K, not users, where this  CUTOFF_RADIUS is
relevant with  EPS_DEFAULT,  omega=0.11,as you said.

For range-separated functional, the coulomb operator can be seen as 1/r =
[1-α-βerf(wr)]/r + [α+βerf(wr)]/r. In terms of wB7XD, α = 0.222036,β =
0.777964,of CAM-B3LYP, α = 0.19,β = 0.46. While in principle, HSE06 can
also be seen α = 0.25,β = -0.25, that we can use  POTENTIAL_TYPE
MIX_CL_TRUNC. But not the condition, only recommeded to use POTENTIAL_TYPE
SHORTRANGE.

I don't know why. I am dying for understanding why.

在2024年5月3日星期五 UTC+8 20:13:30<Frederick Stein> 写道: