[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20049] How to limit RAM when calculating SP in large supercells

Krack Matthias matthias.krack at psi.ch
Thu Mar 21 10:23:40 UTC 2024

Hi Eugene

You are running a pretty large system (with respect to cell size and number of atoms) even for a calculation at plain KS-DFT level. You have simply to invest more computational resources, i.e. more compute nodes. Alternatively, you can use a computationally less demanding methodological approach like a tight-binding (TB) method.

HTH

Matthias