[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19981] Does the boundary setting affect the charge distribution under the electric field?

Evelyn Navarro easauasqc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 13:49:52 UTC 2024

Hi
I work with two-dimensional hexagonal boron nitride. The valency of the N
(B) element calculated by XTB is -0.45(0.45), and I've seen some papers
give it as -2.6. I don't know if that's right. I've been told by some
scholars that changes in charge are important. The value of charge is
affected by the way it is divided, and the value of charge is also
different from the way it is divided, so I do not care about the size of
the value of charge. (I don't know what you mean by physically  sound  )
I have calculated the mechanical properties of hexagonal boron nitride with
XTB, and the results are in a reasonable range.

regards
EN