[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19846] Re: The treatment of atom mass in the mixing force_evals calculation

Marcella Iannuzzi marci.akira at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 12:57:59 UTC 2024

Dear Xu

The way to do this type of simulation is to apply the alchemical change.
You can find an example input in

cp2k/tests/FE/regtest-1/Solv_alch_chng.inp

In practice, you need a full set of coordinates that contains both ions,
this will be the subsystem for the mixed force_eval, which takes care of
the propagation of the equations of motion, where each atom maintains its
own mass. Then you prepare other coordinates set for the subsystems of the
individual force evals. The mixed force_eval needs to have the mapping,
indicating which atoms of the full set belong to which individual
force_eval.
I think it is more difficult to explain it in words than understanding  it
directly from the example input.

Regards
Marcella