[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19943] Re: Energies of the atoms of my system

Nathalie Smith nathaliesmith26 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 15:46:44 UTC 2024

Hi, thank you so much for your reply!

I tested to set the input section like this:

&MOTION
  &MD
    &PRINT
      &ENERGY
        FILENAME energy.dat
        &EACH
          MD 1
        &END EACH
      &END ENERGY
    &END PRINT
    [...]
  &END MD
&END MOTION

The output I got was a regular .ener-file with the system energies, not the
energies of each atom. If anyone has an idea how I can get the energies of
each atom in my simulation - or if someone knows whether this option is
simply not implemented in CP2K - I'd love you to let me know.

Best wishes
Nathalie Smith