[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20597] Initial SCF Convergence extreamly slow in QMMM Calculations

권경표 kkp2514 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 08:57:19 UTC 2024

Hello,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I wanted to inform you that I had to kill the job after the SCF iteration
process continued for about 10 hours without progress.

Upon investigating the issue, I found that the error message you mentioned,
"READ RESTART: WARNING: DIFFERENT # AOs 371 217," was indeed the cause of
the problem.

It appears that this issue arose because the initial RESTART file was
generated using PBE and with the DZVP-MOLOPT-GTH basis set instead of the
TZV2P-GTH, leading to extremely slow SCF iteractions.

After generating the restart file using the PBE functional and the
TZV2P-GTH basis set, the calculations proceeded at a normal speed.

I appreciate your advice, and I wish you a wonderful day.

Thank you again!

Kyoung Pyo Kwon

2024년 8월 22일 목요일 오후 4시 42분 40초 UTC+9에 Jürg Hutter님이 작성: