[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20597] Initial SCF Convergence extreamly slow in QMMM Calculations

Jürg Hutter hutter at chem.uzh.ch
Thu Aug 22 07:42:33 UTC 2024

Hi

your output file doesn't show any SCF iterations at all. I assume your QM system
takes too long for you to start the SCF iterations, so you killed the job?

It seems that you don't have a proper restart file
READ RESTART : WARNING : DIFFERENT # AOs          371         217
This would be the first thing to fix.

Next, you are using MOLOPT basis sets with a hybrid functional. I would advice to
use the ADMM method in this case.

A good starting point (e.g. to get a good restart file) is to start with a simple GGA functional
and test if all the settings are working. After that you can restart with the hybrid functional.

regards
JH