[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20572] Re: Au pseudopotential and basis set refinement for range separated functional

Vladislav Sláma slamavl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 10:24:00 UTC 2024

Dear Frederick,
Thank you again for your very helpful insight. It starts to come together
now. I've checked the excited state properties for few smaller
bio-molecules with different approaches and also with different software
packages and I was getting reasonable results (with the PBE0
pseudopotential). However, I haven't done the same for the gold and I was
blindly assuming that the pseudopotential will be good as well. I'll repeat
the calculations with the new generated pseudopotential for the specific
range separated functional I use to check the effects.
Thank you also for the links concerning the basis set fitting. I'll take a
look at them.

Best wishes,
Vladislav