[CP2K-user] [CP2K:20530] creating a mixed van der Waals damping scheme

Andrey Poletayev andrey.poletayev at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 13:47:58 UTC 2024

Poking around the documentation, it seems I should be able to repeat the
PAIR_POTENTIAL section twice, one for the DFTD3 zero damping, and the
second for DFTD3(BJ), each with SCALING of 0.5, to average the two
dispersions, each with its appropriate parameters set by D3_SCALING and
D3BJ_SCALING respectively.

Does this seem reasonable / is SCALING just a linear strength coefficient?
The default of 0 on SCALING is a bit confusing because I would think the
default SCALING would be 1.

Andrey