[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19243] Re: The force output of RETRAJ module under a r2scan functional is zero

Krack Matthias matthias.krack at psi.ch
Sun Sep 10 08:39:01 UTC 2023

Hi Ari

The RUN_TYPE ENERGY_FORCE was introduced very early in CP2K. It never worked for me as one would expect intuitively. I guess (without having checked the archives), that the EVAL_FORCES keyword was introduced much later to fix the force output while keeping the EVAL_ENERGY_FORCES keyword, because removing a keyword breaks backward compatibility or might cause unexpected side effects in other parts of the code.

Greetings

Matthias