[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19287] Band gap-HSE06-UiO-66

Lucas Lodeiro elunicolomo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 22:45:58 UTC 2023

Hello Jenny,

AFAIK HSE functional is shortrange functional by definition... it is
constructed using the erf(wr) technique and leaving only the short range
term. WRT the value of the band gap, the band gap is very dependent on the
reciprocal space sampling, whether the band gap is not vertical in
reciprocal space or either the eigenvalues are highly dependent on the
sampling, so I guess you use kpoints in VASP, did you use the same
structure/cell and kpoints in CP2K instead? This is very important to
compare both results.
Also, the accuracy must be set by your calculation settings, as
EPS_DEFAULT, EPS_PGF_ORB, your basis set and auxiliary basis set (ADMM).
Also the possible screening for the HF part, and the cutoff, which must be
sufficient long to ensure the short range decay to low values...
Regards - Lucas