[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19286] Band gap-HSE06-UiO-66

jingyu...@gmail.com jingyun.ye324 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 20:37:53 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

I am trying to compare with HSE06 functional using VASP and CP2K. I found
out that the band gap calculated using VASP is about 3.7 eV for UiO-66
which is very close to the experimental value 3.6-3.7 eV.

However, when I use CP2K, the band gap is 4.07 eV, which is almost the same
with the data reported by the following paper.  (Understanding Intrinsic
Light Absorption Properties of UiO-66 Frameworks: A Combined Theoretical
and Experimental Study, *Inorg. Chem.* 2015, 54, 22, 10701–10710)

I wonder if the developer could comment on the accuracy? Or any room to
improve the accuracy.  (HSE06 functional section I used is the default that
posted on the CP2K website or lectures by Dr. Sanliang Ling. )

Another question: Only shortrange keyword is allowed to use for HSE06?

Thank you,
Jenny