[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19587] Re: Error: Parameter ‘mpi_comm_null’ at (1) has not been declared

Mikhail Povarnitsyn povarnitsynme at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 23:41:41 UTC 2023

Dear Frederick,

I wanted to express my gratitude for your advice on removing -D__MPI_F08;
it was immensely helpful.

Upon comparing the performance of the 'cp2k.popt' code across versions
2023.2, 7.1, and 9.1, I observed a consistent runtime of approximately 25
minutes, with minor variations within a few seconds for all versions.
However, in the output of version 2023.2, I noticed a new message:

*** HINT in environment.F:904 :: The compiler target flags (generic) used
*** *** to build this binary cannot exploit all extensions of this CPU
model *** *** (x86_avx2). Consider compiler target flags as part of FCFLAGS
and *** *** CFLAGS (ARCH file). ***

I would greatly appreciate your advice on how I can enhance the performance
of the parallel version.

Best regards, Mikhail