[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19559] Re: Significant discontinuity in EOS curver for FeO

Krack Matthias matthias.krack at psi.ch
Thu Nov 23 15:41:24 UTC 2023

Dear Kejiang

  *   1. You didn't set the VDW_POTENTIAL. Don't we need to consider VDW_POTENTIAL for FeO?
Not sure if that is needed for bulk FeO. Did you check the work of other authors? Did they apply such a vdW correction for bulk FeO?

  *   2. You didn't set the initial value for MAGNETIZATION. Is this also not necessary for FeO?
The &BS section does the same, i.e. sets the initial on-site electronic configuration for the iron atoms, and it allows for a more detailed control.

  *   3. You didn't set the UKS and MULTIPLICITY. Is the default setting for UKS and MULTIPLICITY enough for FeO?
Yes, it is for AFM FeO as I already explained.
Matthias