[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19553] Re: Significant discontinuity in EOS curver for FeO

Kejiang Li lyam_likej at 126.com
Thu Nov 23 11:54:10 UTC 2023

Dear Matthias,

Thanks a lot for providing this detailed tutorial for FeO. This will
benefit a lot of CP2K users.

I have just done a fast test with your code, which produces very accurate
results compared with my QE results (my spin direction is along 001, so
this might cause a slight difference). See the attached figure.

I have also quickly compared your codes and my codes. I noticed the
following main differences and have some quick questions:

1. You didn't set the VDW_POTENTIAL. Don't we need to
consider VDW_POTENTIAL for FeO?

2. You didn't set the initial value for MAGNETIZATION. Is this also not
necessary for FeO?

3. You didn't set the UKS and MULTIPLICITY. Is the default setting for UKS
and MULTIPLICITY enough for FeO?

I think it might be due to one of the above reasons that caused the
discontinuity in my EOS calculation. Anyway, I will do more tests to check
the influence of the above factors.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Best regards,