[CP2K-user] [CP2K:19553] MOF optimization

Anton Lytvynenko anton.s.lytvynenko at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 12:36:19 UTC 2023

Dear K.AK,

I see here at least a few reasons which could impair your calculation.

1. Hybrid functional - do you really need it? Geometries even of 3d
complexes are quite good with GGA, which is tremendously faster in
periodic calculations. Wouldn't PBE (with dispersion correction) fit?

2. GAPW+6-31G? Any specific reason? I would take typical GPW together
with MOLOPT bases.

3. Your cell size is >30x30x30 A quite loaded with atoms. Surely it will
be slow and memory-consuming.

4. Convergence issues are quite common with metal complexes, some
efforts could be necessary to overcome.

Yours,

Anton