[CP2K-user] [CP2K:18827] Re: Ehrenfest dynamics: Glycine

Victor Volkov volkovskr at gmail.com
Mon May 22 14:38:16 UTC 2023

Dear Matthew:
good afternoon.
Thank you for the kind reply.

Indeed, the cut-of is too small.
Thank you.

> the timestep is very aggressive.

This is curious.
I always thought that under-sampling (using a longer time-step to speed up
simulated results)
is a problem.
I selected the time-step to over-sample (a bit) a period which would
correspond
to oscillation of a field in near UV - about 230 nm.
Oversampling would be necessary to model circular polarized perturbation
using two fields,
when the second one (0 1 0) is Pi/2 shifted in respect to the first (1 0
0), if "propagation"
is considered along Z (0 0 1).
In principle, I am curious to see two things:
1) if the external field could be such that molecule would break apart;
2) if, then what kind of fragments and how they would fly away according to
the driving conditions.

It is a sort sense if a "destruction of the Hamiltonian" may mimic certain
event upon ionisation,
not all events but some.

Thank you again.
With best regards.